About the BDNG
The British Dermatological Nursing Group (BDNG) was established in 1989 to offer an independent speciality group of nurses and healthcare professionals with an interest in dermatology.
Aims of the BDNG
The aims of the BDNG are to:
- Promote the development of the highest standard of care for the patient receiving dermatological care;
- Promote the development and recognition of the nurse’s role in dermatology, for the benefit of the patient;
- Promote and support education of nurses for their role in dermatology;
- Promote and support research into all aspects of dermatology nursing and dermatological nursing care;
- Provide a source of expertise for nurses facing clinical and managerial challenges in the field of dermatology nursing;
- Provide a forum for the dissemination of developments and knowledge in the field of dermatology nursing.
Membership of the group is open to anyone interested in dermatological nursing upon application.
Registered nurses from the UK and Ireland working in dermatology may apply for Ordinary Membership.
All other health care professionals and overseas nurses may apply for Associated Membership.
Associate members are unable to vote on changes to the BDNG Constitution.
Membership benefits include:
- A copy of the journal Dermatological Nursing quarterly
- Practice Development Awards
- Travel awards
- Reduced registration fee at the BDNG Annual Conference
- Reduced registration fee at BDNG Regional Meetings
- Access to member’s only section of website
- Regular email alerts
- Support from Regional Representatives
- Advice and guidance from the Executive Committee
Annual Subscription is only £20 and is due on 1st October each year. A reminder to renew your subscription will be sent automatically.
|President Elect||vacant until June 2017|
|Secretary Elect||Carrie Wingfield|
|Journal Editor||Julie Van Onselen|
|Editorial Board Chair||Karina Jackson|
|Research Support Group Chair||Polly Buchanan|
|Biologics||Linda Lawson and Lucy Moorhead|
|Community Dermatology||Lynne Skrine|
|Contact Dermatitis||Andrea Cooper|
|Non Medical Prescribing||Kathy Radley|
|Practical Management||Ann Joy|
|Psychodermatology||Barbara Page, MBE|
|Skin Cancer||Anna Bianconi-Moore|
|Skin Surgery||Di Rolland|
|England – south||Sarah Copperwheat|
|England – north||vacant|
|Operations Manager||Susan Maguire|
|Education Development Nurse||Samantha Browne|
Memorandum and Articles of Association